Wednesday, August 19, 2009

State Fair'n it

Attending a state fair is always a unique experience. Where else can you find so many options of food on a stick?

The Indiana State Fair is no exception. Scott and I did the whole fair experience last week: Rode the Fair Train, ate tasty-but-bad-for-you foods, and took in the balloon glow.

I found photographing an evening at the state fair a great chance to challenge myself behind the camera. Throughout the evening, I was constantly adjusting exposure settings to compensate for the fading light. For the price, you can't beat the photo opps at the fair!

See the whole set in my Flikr Stream here.










5 comments:

Jen said...

Great pics as always Steph! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple days.

1915buffalo said...

Great job. I agree, taking good pics in fading light is tough especially if you've only got a few seconds to catch just the right shot. Please continue to motivate me to take better pictures. Thanks,

Sara Therese said...

WOW! Way to capture every awesome angle of the fair. These are some of your best yet, I think. Love all the balloon glow pictures. Were these with you 50 mm?

Shannon said...

I'm glad you guys were able to go to the fair. The boys and I went last Wednesday and today. It looks like you rode the fair train. Jack thinks that having to stop at the crossing is pretty neat because that's the only time a train is on that track!

Sue said...

Great pictures Steph! The hot air balloons looks so cool. I'm so jealous I didn't get to make it to the fair this year! Hope your doing great! Longtime no see. :(